Guatemala Full City Roast Fair Trade Organic Coffee
Guatemala: A coffee country that is very near and dear to our hearts. Cooperative Coffees founder, Bill Harris, was inspired to begin importing fair trade coffee while on a trip with Habitat for Humanity in Guatemala, and eventually conceived of our organic green bean importing cooperative that thrives today. Through visiting and working with our farmers, we truly begin to appreciate the love and hard work that goes into each and every cup. It is a sincerely a humbling and eye-opening experience that lends to a greater appreciation of our trading partners.
From our coffee cupping:
- Aroma: Sweet, clean, fruit, toasted coconut, caramel
- Flavor: Very sweet, clean, toffee, vanilla, fruit, some nuttiness, mild chocolate
- Aftertaste: Lingering caramel
- Acidity: Medium plus refreshing, red apple
- Body: Medium and smooth
- Balance: Well balanced and consistent
- Overall/Notes: cooled well (continues to have a high quality even when cooled).
Details About the Guatemala - APECAFORM Cooperative:
- Organization: Founded in 1992, legalized 1998 Comprised of 400 members
- Geographic Region: San Marcos and Tajamulco Volcano
- Altitude: 1000 – 1900 meters above sea level
- Certifications: Mayacert Organic; Fairtrade International (FLO); Small Producers (SPP)
- Varietals: Arabica – Typica, Caturra, Bourbon